Note: Let me preface this by saying, I’m not a mental health professional. While I do have my own mental illnesses, I cannot diagnose or recommend treatment via the internet—and I do not try to. What I do try to do is answer questions as they are sent to me and offer what little help I feel qualified to give. If you are struggling with your mental health, I sincerely recommend seeking professional help if possible.
Shit You’ll Need:
- a drawstring bag (I usually use a plain muslin tea bag, but you could also use a blue bag for healing, or a bag made of a piece of cloth that evokes fond memories or feelings for you)
- a stone, rock, or crystal (to represent the mind—I tend to use just a plain ol’ rock. But you may want to a pick out a crystal that you identify with.)
- Crossroads Dirt (for mental clarity and wisdom)
- Lavender (for peace)
- Chamomile (to reduce stress)
- Sage (for cleansing)
- Rosemary (for protection)
- Heal-all (for healing)
- Wildflowers (for happiness)
Step One: Mix all of your herb ingredients in a bowl, focusing on the purpose of each herb as you add it.
Step Two: Put your mixture in the bag and add the stone, pushing it into the middle of the bag so it’s surrounding by the herbs.
Step Three: Put the charm bag in a place where you spend a lot of time, like above your bed. Or carry it with you.